The ITIL Foundation course is for those people who wish to gain a fundamental understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). ITIL is globally recognized as the de-facto world’s best practice in IT Service Management. Participants may have no previous experience or exposure to IT Service Management or ITIL.
This exciting and dynamic course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice, this course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam, required for entry into the future ITIL Version 3 intermediate level training courses. The ITIL Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the ITIL practices for Service Management without further guidance.
The ITIL Version 3 best practice is composed of five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
- Understand how to improve and manage an IT service quality and reduce costs.
- Prepare students for the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
The ITIL v3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management qualification is a prerequisite for the (later-to-be-announced) Intermediate and Advanced levels of ITIL V3 certification. The examination is a 1-hour multiple choice paper, could be taken at the end of the course or at any prometric testing center.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Service Management as a Practice
- Module 3: Service Lifecycle
- Module 4: Service Strategy
- Module 5: Service Design
- Module 6: Service Transition
- Module 7: Service Operation
- Module 8: Continual Service Improvement
- Module 9: Technology and Architecture
Following on from this course, you may wish to consider:
- Intermediate and Advanced levels of ITIL V3 certification.
- ISO 20000 Courses
- CobiT Courses
Who should attend?
The target group consists of staff and managers at all levels wishing to extend their skills in the world’s best practice of IT Service Management.
None, although a familiarity with IT service delivery will be beneficial