Time Management Course | Press Release
August, 2016 | Amman
A Time Management course has taken place at the LEAD premises from Aug 22 to Aug 24 between 2:30 and 6:30 pm and was conducted by Mr. Jamil Dababneh.
Time management training most often begins with setting goals. These goals are recorded and may be broken down into a project, an action plan, or a simple task list. Activities are then rated based on urgency and importance, priorities assigned, and deadlines set. This process results in a plan with a task list or calendar of activities. Routine and recurring tasks are often given less focus to free time to work on tasks that contribute to important goals.
This entire process is supported by a skill set that should include personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management. We’ll cover all this and more during this workshop.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
- Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
- Handle crises effectively and quickly
- Organize your workspace and workflow to make better use of time
- Delegate more efficiently
- Use rituals to make your life run smoother
- Plan meetings more appropriately and effectively
- Setting SMART Goals
- The Three P’s
- The SMART Way
- Prioritizing Your Goals
- Prioritizing Your Time
- The 80/20 Rule
- The Urgent/Important Matrix
- Being Assertive
- Planning Wisely
- Creating Your Productivity Journal
- Maximizing the Power of Your Productivity Journal
- The Glass Jar: Rocks, Pebbles, Sand, and Water
- Chunk, Block, and Tackle
- Ready, Fire, Aim!
- Tackling Procrastination
- Why We Procrastinate
- Nine Ways to Overcome Procrastination
- Eat That Frog!
- Crisis Management
- When the Storm Hits
- Creating a Plan
- Executing the Plan
- Lessons Learned
- Organizing Your Workspace
- Managing Workflow
- Dealing with E-mail
- Using Calendars
- Delegating Made Easy
- When to Delegate
- To Whom Should You Delegate?
- How Should You Delegate?
- Keeping Control
- The Importance of Full Acceptance
- Setting a Ritual
- What is a Ritual?
- Ritualizing Sleep, Meals, and Exercise
- Example Rituals
- Using Rituals to Maximize Time
- Meeting Management
- Deciding if a Meeting is Necessary
- Using the PAT Approach
- Building the Agenda
- Keeping Things on Track
- Making Sure the Meeting Was Worthwhile
- Alternatives to Meetings
- Instant Messaging and Chat Rooms
- E-Mail Lists and Online Groups
- Collaboration Applications