LocationUAE, Jordan, Online Training
Employee selection is one of the most significant decisions an organization makes. As the saying goes, “you are what you hire.” Individual differences in the capabilities of candidates usually results in some candidates being substantially better qualified to perform than others. Hence, where does an organization start to select the employees who will impact positively its future success?
A critical part of the selection process involves structuring and interview process that allows the organization to assess the contribution a candidate is capable of making to the organization.
In this course, participants will learn how to develop effective skills to improve the interview process. The course is highly participative and enables delegates to gain practical experience of applying best practice interviewing techniques. Delegates will learn how to ask effective questions, use the interview guide and make professional evaluations of candidate performance.
HR professionals, recruiters, development practitioners and line managers, or anyone who would like to conduct interviews more effectively.
Role plays, group work, power point presentation, handouts, videos, and practical applications.
After completing this course, trainees will know how to:
- Identify the benefits of interviewing skills and the various types of interviews, and define success factors.
- Establishing a plan for an interview and prepare an office for an interview.
- Master the different types of interviews and different interview formats
- Learn about stress interview techniques
- Interview Process
- Handle an interview by developing an understanding of the various types of candidates, conduct an interview by following a specific structure, and use effective communication techniques when interviewing.
- Identify the types of bias, the steps involved in evaluating a candidate, and several criteria for ranking candidates.
- Identify the follow-up tasks that should be performed after an interview.
- Understand different questioning techniques and how each should be used and when.
- Understand the Success Factors and how that affect the interview and design interview success factors worksheet.
- Identify the questions that are prohibited by laws and embrace techniques in knowing the alternative way to obtain answers.
- Fundamentals of interviews
- Importance of interviewing skills
- Identifying types of interviews
- Identify formats of interviews
- Understanding pre-employment testing
- Success factors
- Identifying success factors
- Defining a job
- Analyzing and defining the culture
- Using the Success Factor Worksheet
- Types of Questions
- Sequence of Questions
- Question Pitfalls
- Competency based interview
- What is a competency
- Samples of competency- based interview questions
- Planning and preparing
- Planning for an interview
- Analyzing a candidate’s resume
- Identifying lead questions
- Planning an agenda
- Customizing an interview
- Preparing for an interview
- Preparing the environment
- Different Biases and techniques to avoid them
- Interview Process
- Evaluating and deciding
- Evaluating a candidate
- Identifying types of bias
- Making a decision
- Ranking a candidate
- Following up
- Following up after an interview
- Finding the appropriate candidate
- Identifying steps to follow up
- Understanding self-evaluation
- Effective Interview Do’s and Don’ts